Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Prayer for today ... March 7th ...


Outside the rustle of the winds is accompanied by the rhythm of water dripping from melting snow and the soft crystaline clatter of collapsing ice ... the flutter of birds accompanies their bold and haunting call to the spring that is stirring ...

O Holy One, attune my heart and soul to the sounds of the season
In the silence may I feel your Spirit stirring within, and softly caressing my being

As I stand heavy and weary, may you lighten my heart
lifting my worries and concerns
and instilling within a sure and certain hope that where I stand
I am not alone
For you are with me

Remind me again Blessed One
that the promises made to Sarah and Abraham
still resonate throughout the cosmos
and that in the silence
I stand
knowing
feeling
living
as a child of God ...

Holy One, hear my prayers today
those spoken,
and those unuttered,
and in your love answer ...

AMEN

No comments: