Saturday, March 04, 2006

And it simply takes your breath away ...

Today I finally realized how much we've lost here in Minnedosa ...

The revelation came from an unlikely place ... it came from sitting in the sanctuary of Hamiota United Church ... As I sat in the sanctuary of Hamiota's church I realized what our sanctuary once felt like to sit within it, and what we've lost to an arsonist's flame ...

I've been to Hamiota a dozen or more times ... I've preached in their sanctuary ... I've sat in the pews ... but today I found being in that space took my breath away ... it carried me back to a place that up until four weeks ago stood on Main St in Minnedosa ... a place that now lives only in our memories ...

Though I wouldn't go so far as to say that Hamiota's sanctuary was like ours, there are enough similarities to make me homesick for what once stood on Main St ... the glorious stained glass windows, the comfortable wooden pews, the seating in a semi-circle ... the familiar and comforting feeling ...

I have been here for only 6 years ... others have been here much, much longer ... we've been robbed of a simply beautiful place ... I realized that today as I sat in a sister Church and thought to myself - "we had that ... and that ... and that ..."

Sometimes the path to resurrection has unexpected twists and turns that lead us to moments of introspection and reflection ... and with them come a few tears ... tears that can bring most healing relief ...

L'chaim,

No comments: